Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pickle Day 2006


This slide show movie goes back to July of 2006. Each year (I think since 2005) the Lower East Business Improvement District sponsors a Pickle Day. Vendors (not just pickle ones and not just local ones) come to display their products. Currently their
are two neighborhood pickle merchants (there used to be 100's). There's Guss (on Orchard) and the Pickle Guys (on Essex). I prefer the latter. I took some pictures (including those of my aunt Lilly and cousin Lois, who I met there that day) and added the theme music used in "Crossing Delancey." As a kid I would make the pilgrimage from KV to the shopping area around Essex, Orchard, Ludlow, and Broome for pickles (from the original Guss on Hester), cake (Gertel's), appetizing (Saperstein's) and candies.

No comments: